 Robotics / Handy Board / 4223
Re: AC adaptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:51:42 GMT

Hi All,

That color code on inductor should read:

BROWN(1), BLACK(0), GOLD, SILVER which is (1x10^0)uF => 1uF.

Sorry for the confusing and we will mark that in the future.

Thanks.

Patrick

--00--------------------------------------------------------
Low cost MIT Handyboard supplier and
Official Distributor of Interactive-C 3.x
** An intelligent C programmable controller
board to build your own Mobile Robot
WWW:  http://home.hkstar.com/~huip for more info
E-mail: huip@hkstar.com

----------
From: Sam Wurzel <Sam_Wurzel@loomis.org>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: AC adaptor
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 1998 1:00 AM

I figured out all of my problems were caused by using an ac-dc adaptor with
the wrong voltage. What is the correct output voltage  for the adaptor that
should be used with the handyboard? Also, I cannot find L1, the iron core
inductor. I ordered my handyboard kit from the Hong Kong robot store and
instead of the reddish iron core conductor i have an extra thing that had
the shape of a resistor and has
a<x-color><param>red=25088;green=54784;blue=44032</param> teal
</x-color>background and for stripes, silver gold black and brown. is this
L1?

Thanks,

sam