 Robotics / Handy Board / 4218
Re: AC adaptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 18:16:08 GMT

Please see the FAQ for the answer to the adapter question:

  http://el.www.media.mit.edu/projects/handy-board/faq/

re: the L1, that substitution may or may not work.  try it; if your
motors don't work right, it could be that.

Fred

In your message you said:
I figured out all of my problems were caused by using an ac-dc adaptor with=
the wrong voltage. What is the correct output voltage  for the adaptor tha=
t should be used with the handyboard? Also, I cannot find L1, the iron core=
inductor. I ordered my handyboard kit from the Hong Kong robot store and i=
nstead of the reddish iron core conductor i have an extra thing that had th=
e shape of a resistor and has a<x-color><param>red=3D25088;green=3D54784;bl=
ue=3D44032</param> teal </x-color>background and for stripes, silver gold b=
lack and brown. is this L1?

Thanks,

sam