 Robotics / Handy Board / 4216
    Re: IC Floating Point Bug —Will
   (...) <snip> I get the same results with version 3.2. Curiously, if I remove the last digit in the a = 1.570796 statement (or replace it with a zero), then I get the correct answer. I guess it has something to do with specifying too many significant (...) (26 years ago, 28-Jul-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: IC Floating Point Bug —Rick Moll
   (...) If you notice, the constant is PI/2. If you add more significant digits you can even get "a/b" to become 0.5, that is twice the correct answer rather than half of it!!! The reason the bug concerns me so much is that since "a" and "b" print out (...) (26 years ago, 28-Jul-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)