 Robotics / Handy Board / 4212
Re: 68hc11F1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 13:41:13 GMT

At 09:12 7/28/98 +0200, you wrote:
Hello Mike,

Sorry for the cryptical message,

I don't have a handyboard running at 16 Mhz, i made my own board,
currently with a 68hc11F1(@16Mhz), 32 K external RAM, 32k External
flash. My programs are run from the flash, leaving aprox 32 k of stack
and heap. I also have a 50 pin header, to connect several other boards.
On this connector i have connected 2 * 4K of IO space, with chip select
lines. So i have 32k - 8k - 1k left for stack and heap. On this 2 * 4k
io space i'm designing a servo board, for rc hobby servos, 16 in total
with just 2 ICs. Another board i'm designing are H-bridges for 3 DC
motors. I'm thinking of designing 3 PIC micro's for the PID interface as
well as the encoder stuf and PWM stuf, and just interface to the PIC
with giving positions to move to and a start signal.

For the H-bridges look for the LMD18200T at http://www.national.com/catalog

There's also the LM689 for motion control, using PWM as output and
quadrature encoder (4bits?) as input. However I think the command that must
be sent are 8 parallel bits :(

Hope this clarifies things.

If you want more information please email me, I will put it on my
homepage.

Regards Richard.
Email rjc.meester@wxs.nl
http://home.pi.net/~rmeester

|  Remi Desrosiers
| "My Youth in Arcadia"       ICQ# 7228856
|  harlock@videotron.ca
.  remi.desrosiers@polymtl.ca
.
.