 Robotics / Handy Board / 4192
Re: Sonar Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:23:12 GMT

Fred,

I decided not to use the external battery for now and try and get the
sonar working using the directions on the web page.  Instead of connecting
the power throught the Motor Power header, I have simple connect V+ and
GND to TIC3's PWR and Grnd (and excluded the diodes).  BINH and INIT are
connected to D4 and D5, resp.
The sonar_sample() call just seems to give random numbers between
-327676 and
+32767.  However, sonar_closeup() gives the same sort of values EXCEPT when
I put something close to the transducer.  In this case, I tend to get either
2191 or 2639, consistently.  If, I move the object away, it goes back to
random values.  I  have tried changing VR1
(though I have no idea what it does) and these results haven't changed.

The voltage across V+ and GND is 5.0V and HB GND and Sonar GND are the same.

Any ideas?

Sheridan