 Robotics / Handy Board / 4181
RE: Need Help to solve the algorithm.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:35:57 GMT

Are you asking for how to do the ded reckoning from counting steps, or how
to get the sonar to measure your location relative to nearby walls?

Mike Ross

----------
From:  phillip chia[SMTP:philchia@singnet.com.sg]
Sent:  Monday, July 20, 1998 3:38 AM
To:  Sara Karbeling; Dr david Rye; Lim Jew Huang; K.F MacDorman;
handybd
Subject:  Need Help to solve the algorithm.

Hello,
I really need help to solve the alogrithm in using the HD with
interactive
C program .

Presently. I'm constructing a mobile robot to move within a battle
field of
5metres by 5metres. In side the battle filed, the "mines" are
visible with
diameter 300mm. It has a white reflector tape surround it at the
circumstance on the bottom of the mines. he mines are placed
ramdomly in
the battle field.The robot CANNOT  bump into it. The robot has to
avoid
from begining till the end . The robot has to cross from one end to
the
opposite end as fast as possible. I"m using 2 stepper motors to
drive the
robot.

Pls take note there is another condition. Besides the "mines" ,
there are
obstacles totally in black (eg pails) around. The robot can bump
into the
obstacle but has to move away and then search the finish end.

I will be using 10  retro-reflective sensors (photoelectric). The
working
Sensing range is 50mm away from the "mines" . When the robot sense
the
"mines" at 50mm away,
it has to avoid and turn left or right and then forward again.

Pls help me to solve the alogorithm when the robot move till
one location , the robot will know where it is within the 5m by 5m .

rgds,
phillip chia