 Robotics / Handy Board / 4175
4174  |  4176
Subject:
Sonar Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 14:31:21 GMT

Hi,

I am having problems getting my Polaroid sonar to work properly.
Following Kent Farnsworth's directions, I have hooked up the sonar:

Sonar   ====>   Handy Board
ECHO            TIC3 (Top position)
V+              TIC3 (Middle)
GND TIC3 (Bottom)
INIT PIN 9 of 2nd L293DNE socket
BINH ---1K---   PIN 1 of 2nd L293DNE socket

Installed a 0.1 uf capacitor in C7.

After running Kent's sonartst.c, the transducer makes the ticking
sound and 213" is displayed on the LCD.  Unfortunately, it doesn't
change!  If I unplug the ECHO, the display goes to 0".  If I apply
a voltage to where the ECHO is supposed to be, I can produce varying
distances between 0" and 213".

Does anybody know what is going on?

Sheridan