 Robotics / Handy Board / 4172
4171  |  4173
Subject:
Comm problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 00:39:35 GMT

Hi all,

I am currently having problems getting my HB to talk with my computer.
I am using IC 3.2.  Because of time and work pressures I have not
been able to play witht my bot for a couple of months.  Everything
worked fine then.  I didn't change anything with the bot or the HB
or my PC COM Port settings for that matter.  It took me about four
tries to download the pcode so the HB now boots into IC.  I fire up
IC on my PC and get the following messages:

Synchronizing with board
Pcode version 3.10 present on board
Initializing interrupts
Downloading 1724 bytes (addresses 8000-86BB) : 1724 loaded
Downloading 78 bytes (addresses 86BC-8709) : 78 loaded
Downloading 16 bytes (addresses 870A-8719) : 16 loaded
Board synchronization error: sent 98, received 12
errors

...and then the HB freezes.   No little heartbeat :-(.   When
I go into settings to reaquire the board the heartbeat starts again.

I am completely baffled, can someone help me.

Thanks
Mike