 Robotics / Handy Board / 4170
4169  |  4171
Subject:
Parellel port control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 17:07:12 GMT

Has anybody tried using the "delay function, outportb function and
inportb function" that comes with Borland C++  5.01. I am trying to
control a set of  LEDs conncted to my printer port  using a C++
program. My program woudn't compile. The error is that delay,
outportb and inportb functions are not define. A segment of my
program is as follows:

#include <dos.h>
#include <stdio.h>

#define BASE  0x0378  //base address of LPT1 for my computer
#define BASE_S  BASE + 1
#define BASE_C  BASE + 2

main( )
{

int data_in;
int count = 8;
do
  {
     outportb(DATA, 0x00);  //turn  eight LEDs on
     delay(1000);
     outportb(DATA, 0xff);  //turn LEDs off
     data_in = inportb((STATUS)^0x80));  //read in a byte.
     printf("%x\n", data_in);
     count = count - 1
  }while(count !=0);

}

I would really appreciate if someone know what is wrong. I check the
dos.h files and it seems to be fine