 Robotics / Handy Board / 4149
4148  |  4150
Subject:
Handyboard/RWP without p-code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 05:16:51 GMT

Hi All,

I would like to use the Rug Warrior board (similar configuration as the
Handyboard) with conventional tools - assembler, C compiler, monitor.  No
Interactive C or p-code, and I am prepared to run the board in
bootstral/expanded modes without the LCD.  I have both the Motorola and IAR
Systems C compilers, and the Buffalo monitor.

Does anyone have experience with such an application of either the RW board
or the Handyboard?  Any advice, contacts or pointers much appreciated...

Thank you for your assistance.

am mailing to ask for some assistance with the RW board, at Fred Martin's
suggestion...  We are in the process of pulling up a new undergrad course
(2nd semester sophmore) based partially around interactive C 3.2 and the
Rug Warrior Pro, as distributed by AK Peters.  We have about 2 weeks to get
everything set...

We plan to use IC for some of the class, and also to use the RWP board with
commercial assemblers/compilers and a monitor (we have both Motorola and
IAR Systems (Archimedes) C compilers)

No problems with IC, but I am hoping that yoy can assist with advice on the
RWP board.

Do you know of anyone who has used either the RW or handy boards with a
"traditional" assembler/compiler?  (no p-code, bootstrap/expanded mode, no
LCD).  I that case, how do I go about making (e.g.) Buffalo resident on the
RWP board?  Can I use the bootstrap mode to load the monitor, then use
Buffalo to load the user's code?

Any advice/contacts/pointers appreciated.

(my background - good experience in microprocessors and microcontrollers,
electronics, C, cross development tools, etc,  but have not used the
68HC11.  Learning fast...)

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

D.

    |   Dr. David Rye                                          |
    |   Dept. of Mechanical & Mechatronic Engineering  J07     |
    |   The University of Sydney  2006  NSW,   AUSTRALIA       |
    |   URL   : http://www.mech.eng.usyd.edu.au/ACFR           |
    |   Phone : +61 2 9351 2286     or    +61 2 9351 2341      |
    |   Fax   : +61 2 9351 7474     or    +61 2 9351 3760      |