 Robotics / Handy Board / 4132
4131  |  4133
Subject:
External ram
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 07:44:26 GMT

Hello all,

I have an 68hc11F1 and 32 K of external ram and 32k of flsah. I have the
16 mhz version of the hc11.

While having problems to program the flash suggestions from the list
where that i probably had a timing problem. So i reduced the frequenty
of the hc11 to 8 mhz instead of 16.

Now i don't seem to get my external ram working also.

I'm sure that the connections are ok.

What i'm not sure of is the installation of the chip select
funtionality, and if they are working correctly.

i have internal ram mapped from $0000 to $03ff
                        registers from $1000 to $105F
                        eeprom in the highest area $FEF0 or something to
$FFFF

Has anyone some example code of how to initialise the CS (CSGEN for ram
and CSPROG for flash).

Is it OK to run the hc11 16mhz version at 8 Mhz??

Regards Richard