 Robotics / Handy Board / 4128
Re: Inclinometer for Handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 03:39:07 GMT

greetings everyone,

this is a reminder to please NOT send 1MB attachments to the list!  In
the guidelines I sent you when you were subscribed to the list, I stated
a limit of 50 KB (that's kilobytes) for any message.

Please remember that your message is reproduced about 400 times, once for
each person on the list.  If you send a 1MB message to the list, that's
400 MB of data that has to go through my server.

also, many users will get their mailboxes clobbered by a big file like
this.

So, if you have a big file you want to share, you should:

1.  describe it, and let people ask you for it individually.

2.  put it up on the web somewhere, and send the URL.

3.  ask me to put it on the web for you.

thank you for thinking about this and having consideration for others on
the list.

yours,
fred