 Robotics / Handy Board / 4108
4107  |  4109
Subject:
Steppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:23:53 GMT

Hi.  I was reading through a compilation of emails from the Handy Board
Q&A and found a lot of great questions, but no answers to them.  I am
trying to power some steppers, microsteppers from the RobotStore catalog,
with the HB and am not having much luck.  The motors have two coils, four
wires.  I'm trying to power them by putting one coil in motor 1 (pin slots 1
and 3) and the other in motor 2 (pin slots 4 and 6).  In the IC program
I'm turning motor 1 on and then off, then turning motor 2 on and then
off.  It "steps," but the steps are very sparatic (not uniform in
radians) and frequently reverse direction for no apparent reason.  PLEASE
let me know of anything that could help.

THANX

---
    *****
    ( o - )