 Robotics / Handy Board / 410
409  |  411
Subject:
sonar module
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 14 May 1996 05:53:43 GMT

Well, I finally got my Polaroid sonar module in the mail, and I got
it working with my Handy Board tonight.  My feelings thus far: This thing is
pretty neat.  However (of course), there are a few quirks that I'm trying to
figure out.  Distance measurement seems to be fairly accurate.  It
can figure out distances from 7" up to what seems to be 15 ot 17 feet.  I
actually pulled out a tape measure to verify them, and while it's usually
hard to figure out what the sonar is reflecting off of, the measurement is
within an inch or two.  But wait, isn't it supposed to go up to 30, feet?
I'll probably mess with the gain a little and see what happens.  Anyways, I
need to get an enclosure for it before I zap anybody, and mount it on an RC
servo I have set aside.  After that, it'll be lots of fun!