 Robotics / Handy Board / 4083
Re: Looking for voice recognition chip
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 21:37:19 GMT

Hi Skye,

I play in this time also with voice recognicition chips (and voice record +
playback
also for my rug warrior like bot) and I found two of them very interesting:
the first
is the MSM6679A-110 manufactured by OKI. This is a very large chip with 84
Pins
(PLCC) but he includes voice record and playback also and is relatively
difficult to
program. The second one is the HM2007 manufactured by HMC (this is Hualon
Microelectronics in Taiwan), this is a very simple chip but very good for
robotics.
Check out the following sites also, they are very interesting:
http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encoder/jul97/gensys.html and
http://www.the4cs.com/~corin/cse477/toaster/

Cheers Erwin

Real name : Erwin Baeck - Hard- + Software Technician since 1978
Real address:  Graz-Styria-Austria - The country of Mozart + Strauss
Email address : erwin.baeck@styria.com or erb@computerhaus.at
Phone + fax number :  ++43 316 473109  Mobil :  ++43 664 423 1952

Skye Sweeney schrieb:

I read in the last year about a chip that does voice recognition. I think
two versions
may be available. One that is speaker independant but has a very limited
vocabulary
(yes and no sticks in my mind) and the other somewhat more fancy.

Does anybody know the manufacturer or part number(s)? Have need for
something
like this at work. Can't seem to remember where I read it.

"God has nothing to do with Air Traffic Control. He is still upset we
learned to fly..."

Skye Sweeney
ssweeney@sanders.com