 Robotics / Handy Board / 4070
4069  |  4071
Subject:
Poloroid sonar interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 21:49:48 GMT

Hi
I'm tring to get a Poloroid sonar unit to work so that I can interface
this to my finger board. First I'm tring to get the sonar tested. I
followed the instructions at
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/bill_r/polaroid%20sonar%20mod.htm. I have
this circuit bread boarded. I made the modifications as shown. Now how
do I know if this is working? I know that I trigger this with a +5v
signal to pin 9. This should send out the signal on XLOG (this shoul go
low) Then when an ecco is received MFLOG goes low. My questions
1    How long do you apply the +5 to pin9?
2    Does XLOG go low and stay low? Is this just a pulse low?
3     Does MFLOG go low and stay?
Any other help in testing this circuit will be great! If I'm not giving
enough detail to help please let me know. Thank you