 Robotics / Handy Board / 4029
  IR emitter

Is the ir emitter on the handyboard just a standard red led? Is it efficient at emitting in the IR range. Are there better emitters? I want to build an emitter and detector set and have studied the multiplexing circuit posted. It uses the same LED. (...) (26 years ago, 24-Jun-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR emitter

I believe you have the IR output indicator confused with the emmitter driver. The red LED indicates that IR output is being transmitted. (That is...if you have an external IR LED attached to the HB.) There is a header for it. You can get a detector (...) (26 years ago, 24-Jun-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)