 Robotics / Handy Board / 4019
4018  |  4020
Subject:
can't download to save my life
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 03:24:16 GMT

Please help!!

I can't get the pcode_hb.s19 file into the handyboard to save my life.
Upon looking through the archives, I've noticed some traffic that looks
like it directly relates to my problem.  However, I couldn't find a
definitive solution.

So if anyone who has had this problem could please tell me how they
were able to solve it, I would be forever in debt.  I'm under the gun.

Here is the synopsis:

1.  P5-133MHz laptop machine with windows 95
2.  verified functionality of serial port
3.  tried hbdl.exe and get either a "wrong port of board mode"
4.  tried dlm pcode_hb.s19 -256 in full-screen and get the following:
DLM:  6811 File Downloader with Intelligent EEPROM burn by Fred Martin
portions (C) 1992 by Randy Sargent
Version 2.4 Jun  8 1995 05:47:06

Downloading pcode_hb.s19, press ESC to abort
Downloading eeprom loader to RAM at 1200 baud...
.............___________________
256 total bytes (boot loader done)

Synchronizing with board...OK
Sending pcode_hb.s19 at 9600 baud
Board memory error:  wanted 00, got 3e at address 8000
Board synchronization error.

(and sometimes it gets much further into the download of the
pcode_hb.s19, but the result is the same).

5.  the board does the following:

a.  powers into bootstrap mode ok
b.  power light flashes during bootload at 1200 baud
c.  power light stays on continuously upon failure.

6.  i'm quite sure its not "bad" hardware because i have 2 complete
    systems (handyboards, i/f boards, and all cables).

John Macdonald
Lucent Technologies
Penn State University

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf"