 Robotics / Handy Board / 3954
  Tone Functions

I have a problem with the tone functions. I tried each of the following: 1000 - 9000 Hz tones for 2 to 3 seconds. All work fine up to 5000 but 6000 and above have broken up sound. Can anyone explain why this happens? What is the fix? -- ---...--- (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jun-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Tone Functions

yep, 5 kHz is about the top end of the HB's 6811 capability. going higher would require dedicating the 'hc11 to generating the tone and doing nothing else. why? interrupt routine overhead. takes a bunch of cycles to handle an interrupt. the tone (...) (26 years ago, 15-Jun-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)