 Robotics / Handy Board / 3947
Re: Multi-tasking under IC (Freeware version)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 20:41:06 GMT

Under IC (the freeware version) cooperating processes communicate using
shared global memory.  What is the standard method (under IC) for
preventing race conditions?

One could "hog" the processor prior to entering a critical section and then
release the processor when concluded; but this seems inelegant.

Yup, that's the way!  Good thinking.

Fred