 Robotics / Handy Board / 3873
3872  |  3874
Subject:
Pyroelectric Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 03:35:32 GMT

Hello. I have working with a handyboard, and I am trying to obtain
information on how to properly use a eltec 442-3 pyroelectric sensor. I
bought a complete one with a lens. My objective is for my lego robot to
locate either a flame or heat source, and right now I have it hooked up to
analog port 0. I had seen in the older version of  lib_hb,c, something
to the effect of a left and right pyro, however the recent versions of the
lib_hb.c do not seem to have anything like that.

The other question I am trying to figure out is that the eltec 442-3 has
four wires, one is ground, +5 volts, the signal, and a 2.5v reference. I
have not hooked up the 2.5v reference wire, however I thought I had read
something to the effect that it was not used, which I think I am wrong. IF
I do have to hook up the 2.5v reference wire, what's the best way to do
this??? Would you possibly have the drivers for the pyro sensors??????

I know that right now, with IC 3.2, if I do a reading by typing analog(0);,
the values do not seem very stable, however when I put a candle about a
foot away from it, the analog(0) reading goes down to 6-10, after a little
but however, it does change by up to as much as 126..

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.