 Robotics / Handy Board / 3864
3863  |  3865
Subject:
Board not responding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 23 May 1998 13:52:01 GMT

Hi!

   The handy board was working good before
   and I haven't used the board for a while.
   Recently, I ran the downloader few times,
   but I couldn't download the bootstrap.
   I think the download mode is ready, but
   the error message like "Board not Responding"
   is repeating(I know the downloading procedure).
   I believe there must be something wrong on chips.

   I remember one time I got a short around the reset
   switch while I was measuring the current. I still
   wonder why a short was made on the reset switch.
   There was a confusing  LCD readout like blinking
   few times. Since that time, I could use it without
   any trouble till now.

    1. Any possible way to check that some chips are
       not properly functioning?
    2. If U1 is wrong, any handy source for
       purchasing U1?

   Best Rerards,