 Robotics / Handy Board / 3827
Re: LCD Commands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 23:55:48 GMT

I have those docs.  I knew that it was driven by the hd44780 but the
summary page on their web site indicated that the 44780 could drive 2
lines of 8 characters and I assumed there must be a micro on the
board to handle the 2x16 and that there might be some other command
set other than the 44780.

Anyway I now have the docs.

thanks,

Date:          Thu, 07 May 1998 08:28:18 +0200
From:          Thomas Hauri <har@twi.ch>
To:            Mike Davis <ipscone@halcyon.com>
Cc:            handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject:       Re: LCD Commands

Hi

The LCD display is driven by a HD44780 Controller.
Download the docs..

or check the following page
http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~hirsch/LCDcontrollers/hd44780/hd44780.html

bye

TOM

Is there some documentation somewhere that shows the commands
required to talk to the display.  I would like to control the display
from assembly code and I need to know what these commands are.

I already know how to talk to the display using the A, B, C ports but
there must be some commands and data that need to be sent to the LCD.

Thanks
ipscone@halcyon.com                                 Shoot-To-Win!

Protect the 2nd Amendment!               Your rights may be next!