 Robotics / Handy Board / 382
  Re: sonar for obstacle avoidance

You mean besides making it 'crawl'? In my robotics class were were programming autominus vehicle equipped with a servo mounted sonar on the front. The basic process is this: 1) scan 2) analyze data... (aka look for wall shaped thing) 3) adjust (...) (28 years ago, 1-May-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  sonar for obstacle avoidance

Ok, it seems that everyone thinks the Polaroid sonar module is pretty nifty. However, how is it for _obstacle avoidance_? My new robot has a dire need for a way to keep from crashing into things all the time, and sonar would seem to be a nice (...) (28 years ago, 1-May-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)