 Robotics / Handy Board / 3777
Re: how do i get info on where to buy a handyboard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 00:49:09 GMT

Mike,

hi i am looking for a handyboard, i saw one at trinity college it

The best place for all information about the handy board, including
the places to buy, is the Handy Board Home page.

http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/Projects/handy-board/index.html

To get directly to the page on where to buy them, then go here:

http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/Projects/handy-board/howtoget/i
ndex.html

We (at the Uni) purchased ours from

                        Patrick Hui, based in Hong Kong, offers Handy
                        Board kits and assembled systems.

i was wondering if anyone can help me.i dont own a handyboard yet,
how do you program it, i am worried that it is very compicated to do.
please if you could send me some simple code say to move both drive
motors fwd, how would you do it?

Programming the HandyBoard is very simple.  Not much effort at all.
The information received from the Handy Board explains how to program
it.
As for sample code, it depends on how you intend to program it.
You can program in C, or you can program in machine code.

It is best to possible obtain a Handy board first, then try
programming.

________________________
i was wondering if anyone can help me.i dont own a handyboard yet,
how do you program it, i am worried that it is very compicated to do.
please if you could send me some simple code say to move both drive
motors fwd, how would you do it?
i am just trying to get a feel for it so i can decide if the
handyboard is
for me, also where do i get one with motors sensors etc...
thanks -mike

hi i am lookin for a handyboard, i saw one at trinity college it
came with
batt charger prgrm cable dc motors sensors etc... where do i get one a phne #
or e-mail address etc...
thanks -mike

Charles Hacker
School of Engineering