 Robotics / Handy Board / 3683
  PWM and encoder

Hi, i have some questions about PWM and encoder. I made following tests: 1) Speed : motor(0,100) my encoder count f.e. 20clicks / per second 2) Speed: motor(0,50) my encoder count f.e. 15clicks / per second 3) Speed: motor(0,40) my encoder count (...) (26 years ago, 22-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: PWM and encoder

The nonlinearity has to due with the characteristics of your motor. You will find that a single step of power at the low end has a greater effect on the speed than a single step at the high end, as the motor approaches its top speed. The (...) (26 years ago, 22-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: PWM and encoder

The 100, 50, 40, etc. are not really "speeds". They are power. It is related to the average voltage level of your output. Speed depends on the torque and characteristics of your motor. You can hold on the the wheel and still drive the motor at 100. (...) (26 years ago, 22-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: PWM and encoder

Well, actually, it's not power either. Power is V * I. Sorry, it's actually the voltage. ---...--- ericson mar Master of Engineering Candidate Project: Mobile Robotics mar@cooper.edu (212)353-4356 Department of Mechanical Engineering The Cooper (...) (26 years ago, 22-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: PWM and encoder

(...) Are you using the "smooth" PWM motor routines? Note also, that a DC motor does not change velocity linearly with an increase in current unless it is under load. This was a recently asked question on the list. Maybe grepping the digest for (...) (26 years ago, 23-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)