 Robotics / Handy Board / 3667
3666  |  3668
Subject:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:34:35 GMT

Howdy from the world of program failure...
please consider this scenario:

1. let's say I write a series of functions, put them in a file, and
download the file to my HB.
Now I write a program that uses the previously downloaded functions, and
download it to the HB.

2. now I decide that 3:00am is too late to continue programming, so I exit
IC, turn off my pc, turn off my HB.

3. Three hours later, I get a burning desire to do some more work on the
program, so I fire up the pc, turn on the HB, and run IC.  I don't need to
make any changes to the functions (loaded in step 1.) and they are still in
the HB's memory, so I do a little work on the program which references
them, and proceed to download it to the HB.

Question 1:  did I just overwrite the functions I had loaded in step 1 with
the program in step 3? (t/f)

Question 2: if question 1 is true, why didn't I get an error message saying
that the function(s) aren't defined?

-patrick

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1