 Robotics / Handy Board / 3664
FW: Optical Encoders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:41:08 GMT

I sent to this to Paul personally . . . there may be general interest.

----------
From: Wheeler, Daniel H
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 1998 7:52 AM
To: 'z2172727@student.unsw.edu.au'
Subject: Optical Encoders

Paul,

I'm having good luck with some encoders from Hewlett-Packard at

     http://www.hp.com/HP-COMP/motion/sg/index.html

I'm using their HEDS-9200 series of linear encoder models, but they
have rotary encoders as well.

I purchased them from Newark at

     http://www.part.net/cgi-bin/newark/AnswerSrc using their search
     engine WHERE Mfgr Pt No == "*HEDS*"

They cost around $30 each.

Another company, US Digital, makes codewheels and code strips as well
as encoders with same HP components embedded within them.  Their
prices are within reach, too.

Best wishes,

Dan Wheeler
Manufacturing R&D