 Robotics / Handy Board / 3661
3660  |  3662
Subject:
questions on optical encoders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 10:23:08 GMT

Hi, everyone
Hi, i am currently doing a thesis topic "Micromouse project". And, I am
going to purchase an small optical encoder to measure the speed,
acceleration and distance that my mice has taken. My mice is driven by a
DC motor, so the opti. enco.is used to measure the speed of it.
So, can u guys suggest some good models of optical encoders that fit my
DC motor.
features of optical encoders i prefer:
-- small size (<1.5 inch dia)
-- frequency response: 100kHz
-- small power supply
-- 2-channel quadrature, TTL square wave outputs
-- shaft speed >= 10,000rpm     <-- is this enough for an micromouse?

Thank you for your response on my questions.
Paul