 Robotics / Handy Board / 3645
RE: Problems connecting 2 Handy Boards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 11:37:01 GMT

-----Original Message-----
De: Ecole Louis de Broglie - Promotion 1999 <promo99@ecole-debroglie.fr>
Para: handyboard@media.mit.edu <handyboard@media.mit.edu>
Fecha: Miércoles 15 de Abril de 1998 06:27
Asunto: Problems connecting 2 Handy Boards

Hello everybody,

We tried to link two Handy Board, via the RJ11 computer connectors, in • order to make them communicate with the code we found at
http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/rsargent/ic/serialio.html .
But, when we plugged the cable, the Handy Boards began to smoke next to
these connectors.
Yeah, because if you see the cable, you are swapping the VCC and GND between
the boards, you know , one board is right , but the other is getting the 12V
to GND and "viceversa".
Does anybody know how we could link our two Handy Boards ?
You are not taking the best way. the better way is connect using the SPI
(The boards are near or far?) I haven't code for ths SPI comuncattion, but
you can see th pink book (available at mototrola site for free), and i'm
sure you don't have problem.
If someone know how, please send us the schemes and (if possible) the C
code to have them communicate. :)

Thanks a lot in advance. :)
OM99 & RC99

Hope the force will be with you !!!!!