 Robotics / Handy Board / 3616
3615  |  3617
Subject:
16 digital outputs as Fred suggested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 11:13:54 GMT

Hi guys,
I needed 16 digital outputs for my handyboard, so I put up a very simple
expansion board the way Fred suggested in his handboard FAQ: I connected
two more hc374 with their d-inputs to LCD-display's data bus (d0 - d7).
Then I connected the first hc374's clock to y4 and the second one's to
y5. Really simple, indeed. Now I would like to use those outputs with
Interactive C.
I figured, if I want to set output 0 to 6 low and output 7 high then I
have to put 0+0+0+0+0+0+0+2^7=128 on the bus. Then I have to pulse y4
low
for a short time for hc374 to put the bus word through to its Q outputs.
In HB Technical Reference (chapter 11 Pin out Detail), Brian Schmalz
suggests to pulse y4 low for 1 cycle by the command WRITE 0x6000
So that's all I know.
Now my question:
Could you tell me the IC code to operate those outputs using IC?
I hope, somebody out there has solved this problem before.
Alf
(the only German Handyboard user?)