 Robotics / Handy Board / 3599
3598  |  3600
Subject:
Sat, May 2: Robotic Park kids exhibition / robot show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 10:37:36 GMT

Hi all,

Anyone in the southern New England area will be interested in the Rhode
Island School of the Future's annual "Robotic Park" exhibition of kids'
robotic creations, to be held Saturday, May 2, 1998 at the Peace Dale
Elementary School in Wakefield, Rhode Island.

I've worked with a number of the teachers who are involved in the this
project, and it's a really great group of teachers who inspire their kids
to create some awesome robotics projects.  A number of the teachers are
using our MIT Programmable Bricks (the project that led to LEGO's
recently-announced Mindstorms Robotics Invention System).

The location is about 1 hour 45 mins drive from the Boston area.  The
basic route is take 95 through Providence, get onto route 4 South (a
left-hand exit off the highway), then route 1 west.  Several miles after
getting onto route 1, look for a Holiday Inn on the right hand side, and
take the right hand turn there.  About a mile later, there is a traffic
light with a left hand turn onto rt 108.  Take that; after a couple more
mi, Kersey Road will wind away from the road as a left just before a
sharp right hand bend in the road.  There's a lawn equipment rental place
at this juncture.  The Peace Dale school is immediately on the left when
you turn onto Kersey Road.

Hope to see you there!  See enclosed for more info.  I've also attached a
set of maps from MapQuest to help you get there.

Fred