 Robotics / Handy Board / 3581
3580  |  3582
Subject:
help with sonar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 22:12:22 GMT

I emailed fred martin directly and he told me to respond to this address.

Fred:
does the sonar click indicating transmit?  pls. follow up to the HB
mail list.

My response:
yes, the sonar does click.  I have also connectd it to a scope
and both
the init and the echo signal appear to be correct.

In your message you said:
Mr. Martin
I am using the handy-board in conjunction with two sonars with 6500
ranging modules from Polaroid.  I used the connections and the code that
you suggested from the mit web page.  I continue getting a constant
reading no matter where an obstacle is placed.  I read the that it may • be
caused from interference, but I don't know how to fix that.  I also
sometime receive a signal that too much time has elapsed.  Do you have • any
suggestions about how to remedy this.  Or perhaps you can direct me to a
web page or other resource that mught have some answers.

Matthew Spenko
mjs329@nwu.edu