 Robotics / Handy Board / 3565
Re: Re:68HC811E2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 07:40:27 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Chang <mchang@westworld.com>
To: HandyBoard <handyboard@media.mit.edu>
Date: Thursday, April 02, 1998 8:19 PM
Subject: Re:68HC811E2

No advanage to them (i think) because u cant use the 2k eeprom with the
handyboard in 0C config settings, its just that we have a lot of them and
would like to put em to good use.
From adrian's msg I see that setting the config must be done in the first 64
cycles, my question
is how do u do this?? what program will set this chip??could someone plz
explain just the steps we need to take to achive this,

Thanks,
Quinn Marshal

Hi All,

I'm curious.  I've been watching all the stuff come through about using
a '811E2 chip in the Handyboard.  My question is: What are the
advantages of this?  I'm using E2's in my BotBoard from Marvin Green but
I moved most of my stuff to the HB because of the ease of development
and the larger memory space.  Is there an advantage of using the 2K of
EEPROM on the 'E2?

Thanks
Mike