 Robotics / Handy Board / 3522
RE: rc servos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:38:10 GMT

I am currently using an MSCC11 from Novasoft with a program called
Servo16 (I actually think the version I am using is called something
different but the original program was Servo16). This can control up to
16 servos, the first 12 can be configured to run a 'walk' so that all
the handyboard has to do is send one command to the MSCC11 and then it
is free to do other things.

I haven't assembled the walker yet due to time limitations but I have
tried the servos connected to it and it runs fine.

I hope this is of help.

John Hatton
john_hatton@bigfoot.com

----------
From: Mike Downey[SMTP:mdowney@optimizeinc.com]
Sent: 30 March 1998 16:55
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: rc servos

I was wondering if anyone has successfully controlled more than two
servos using the handy board. I was thinking of making a 6 legged
walker, however controlling the 12 servos could be a problem. I have
seen some basic stamp based servo controllers that will handle 6 apiece
and are addressed serially, and these look like they will work well. Has
anyone on the list ever played with them?
|    Mike Downey                          |
|    Optimize Digital Solutions           |
|    mdowney@optimizeinc.com              |
|    http://www.optimizeinc.com/mike      |
|   "Eagles may soar, but weasels never   |
|      get sucked into jet engines."      |