 Robotics / Handy Board / 3455
Re: H-Bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 07:03:53 GMT

Hi
talking about the H-Bridge.....we are building one here for a 1.5 kW motor
with maximal power output of 2.2 kW.
This one works with 400V but is also developped for a current of a little
more than 10 A (actually 15A).  It will be chopped with a frequency of up
to 25kHz.
The main problem is not the voltage, it's the current and the frequency.
Switching high currents fast means that you will get switching loses.
All I wanna say is that you have to be careful.  H-Bridges aren't that
easy to build and if bought for industrial purposes pretty expansive. I
don't think that there is an integrated 10A H-Bridge.  I've found some 3A
Bridges but they are really hard to get.

Question : Does it have to be 10 A ????

If yes, you could use two or three 3A Bridges parallel. That's what we
have done here for a robot.
Try NS for those H.Bridges.

François schrieb:

Hello,

I am also searching for a preassembled H-Bridge (12 Volt max 10 Amp in
continuous mode).
If anyone knows a good place to order one, I would be very interested.
(We already tried to build the H-Bridge from Chuck Mac Manis but its
components don't exist in France or are too expensive)

Thanks
François