 Robotics / Handy Board / 3437
Re: Power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 12:26:34 GMT

Perhaps the problem is your motor-drivers IC's. If you use the L293D or
something, which are standard on the HandyBoard, you can only draw abou
600 mA. I use the other ones mentioned in the HB manual (they're from
Texas Intr., but I can't remember the number right now), which allow you
to draw up to 1A. If you drivers IC get hot, this could be the problem.
If you only use 2 motors, you could also try to use different driver IC
for both (e.g. use only 'motor 0/1' and 'motor 2/3').

I saw a program on robotics a while ago on Discovery, and there was a guy
who builded a complete zoo of robots consisting of only a couple of
transistors. They did move indeed, but he said they were adapting to their
environment, which I find hard to believe.

Jeroen van der Vegt,

--
Jeroen van der Vegt,
A.J.vanderVegt@ITS.TUDelft.nl