 Robotics / Handy Board / 3434
3433  |  3435
Subject:
Disconnections etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:04:31 GMT

I have a few problems with the Handyboard I just put together:

1. I lose contact with the board from IC very often. Then, when I try to
reset the board it will not always reboot. One of the following usually
happens:

a) I just get the single line of black squares on the LCD.
b) I get part of the IC boot message, then it freezes.
c) I get the complete startup IC-message, then it freezes (probably a
   special case of b).

2. When I try to load the battery, the Charge LED lights up and slowly
fades away. This applies to both charging using the serial interface card,
and using the connector on the HB itself. This seems to happen only the
first time I charge after some time. (After a day away from the HB,
typically.) If I try to charge just after this "fading" has happened, the
LED just stays dark.

And a last question:

Is a bad idea to run the HandyBoard without the L293's and the ZTX614 ?
(That is just what I'm doing, since I haven't gotten hold of these parts
yet.) I can't think of it as beeing harmful to the HB, as long as I dont
try to use any of them, at least. Or is it?

Stefan Bergstrand
Futurniture Ab
Hitechbuilding 141
101 52 Stockholm