 Robotics / Handy Board / 3391
3390  |  3392
Subject:
PC/Handyboard serial communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:34:00 GMT

I am writing a PC program to communicate with the Handyboard via its
RJ11 jack using the serialio routines.  On the Handyboard side, all we
can do is poll the port, but what have people done on the PC side?

It should be easy to just poll the port from the PC side too, but is
it better to use an interrupt-driven routine?  I have a stack of C/C++
books here, but none deal with the specifics of serial port
communication.  Can anyone recommend a good resource?

I know people must have written bits of code to communicate with the
Handyboard already, so before I reinvent the wheel, has anyone got a
snippit of code that does this?  What are the implications of
reading/writing from the serial port from Windows 95?

Cheers, Skye.

| Skye Legon                              |   University of Waterloo   |
| Systems Design Engineering              | __/   __/  __/         __/ |
| Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence | __/   __/  __/   __/   __/ |
| 143 Columbia St. West, Unit E-4         | __/   __/  __/  ____/  __/ |
| Waterloo Ontario CANADA  N2L 3L2        | __/__/__/   __/__/\__/__/  |
| slegon@uwaterloo.ca                     |  DC 2620, 888-4567 x5192   |