 Robotics / Handy Board / 3352
3351  |  3353
Subject:
robot contest at Penn State
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 22:10:47 GMT

Hi All,

The Penn State Abington College (Abington, Pa -- Phila., PA suburb) will
host a preliminary fire-fighting robot contest on Sat, April 4, 1998 at 3pm.
The fire-fighting contest is based on rules developed by Trinity College
Fire-fighting Robot Contest Program (see www.trincoll.edu/~robot).  We will
basically apply the same rules as developed by Trinity except that our maze
walls will be 10" high instead of 13" high -- this is to improve visibility
of robots by spectators.  The robot max height is still 12.25" but we are
requiring that the robots in the Penn state contest do not look over the
walls. The contest is to prepare robots for the  Trinity college event
(Hartford, Conn) on April 18-19.

The Penn State robot contest is open to all ages (you do not have to be a
student) as participants -- there is no registration fee (although you must
register) and there will be prizes awarded.  The event is open to the public
as spectators as well (no charge).

More details soon.  Please email me if you are interested in participating.

We currently have 3 teams of Penn State freshmen and sophomores registered
as well as several teams of high school students from the Phila. area (the
majority using HB's and LEGO's)

-bob

Bob Avanzato
Assoc. Prof. of Engr