 Robotics / Handy Board / 3346
3345  |  3347
Subject:
Several different questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 14:28:47 GMT

Hello everybody,

I'm a new owner of the handy board and I have sereval problems to use the
outputs and, as I'm new on the mailing list, I may ask questions already asked
before or stupid questions so I apologize in advance.

Today, I have several different questions which are :

1 ) Is it possible to link 2 handy board thanks to the serial port ?
If possible, please be so kind to explain me (I want to transmit not only
characters but also float and double so I think the program called serialio.c is
not enough and I don't see hopw to use this base of code).

2 ) Is the last version of IC compatible with former ones  (i.e. if I write a
program with the DOS version of IC, will it run on the last one ) ?

3 ) I want to use the port D0..7 of the handy board to communicate with my own
external expansion board but many questions appear :

   31) Is it possible to run the handy board without the LCD screen ?
         If possible, how could I do this ?

   32 ) How could I write something in an output (I don't understand the way of
working of the poke function) :
         321 ) How to write in Port As and R/W of the handy board (if possible)
?

         322 ) same question with Port D0..7 .

         323 ) Is there a way to be sure that I have the good value on the port
?

Sorry to ask all these questions in one single time.

Hope someone could answer one or more question,
Thanks in advance for any help .....

RC99

Hope the force will be with you !!!!!