 Robotics / Handy Board / 334
Re: motor voltages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 16:05:12 GMT

An LM317T is probably what you want.  It will provide 1A continous or
1.5A with heat sink.  Put a large Cap on the output to take care of peak
surge requited by the motors when turned on.  These temperary heavy
current needs will not hurt the regulator.  The LM317T is a variable
regulator so the output voltage can be anything you want from input-1V
down to about 2V.

Good luck
Larry

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, MAR ERICSON