 Robotics / Handy Board / 3237
3236  |  3238
Subject:
IC and IR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 12:52:56 GMT

This weekend, I got my HandyBoard running! Everything went fine, exept
that the pice of paper which was glued on my battery pack turned out to be
a theft-protection: it contained a magnetic layer, which caused
short-circuit, but after solving that, everything worked.
Now I'd like to program the board ofcoure. The point is, I can't really
start to program.
I can type one line, and as soon as I press ENTER, the line is executed.
Is there another way of programming IC than writing the program with my
text editor, load it in IC, read error-messages, and go back to the editor
to debug? 'Cause when executing 'IC -config' (on a dos / win'95
machine), I can type the name of a editor, which at default is emacs or
something, which I don't own (and which is a Unix program, I thought.) Is
there a way I can use DOS' Edit from with in IC (e.g. by pressing a magic
key-combination?)

Jeroen van der Vegt,
A.J.vanderVegt@ITS.TUDelft.nl