 Robotics / Handy Board / 3221
  encoder function

The encoder function pages say that for the fast encoder, the refresh rate is only 1 KHz. That is it can make only 1000 increments in a second. If I have an encoder that has a change rate on the order of a micro second, is there any reasonable way (...) (27 years ago, 5-Feb-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: encoder function

Hi all I have written some routines to measure frequencies from 30Hz to 30kHz. I'm posting this with an attachement because several people have ask me already for these routines. To Fred: You can add these routines to the ftp server or anywhere on (...) (27 years ago, 6-Feb-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: encoder function

Tom, it seems that your routines measure frequency but Yoni wanted to count transitions. Yoni, the approach is similar to what Tom has done in that you must use the timer input channels to get high frequencies. In the TCTL2 register, set the input (...) (27 years ago, 7-Feb-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)