 Robotics / Handy Board / 3210
3209  |  3211
Subject:
68hc811e2 config reg.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 03:45:23 GMT

My handyboard works great,with a 68HC11A1 mcu.
    The config of the 103f register was done in one try and had no problems.
I then installed a 68HC811E2 MCU, (a 2k EEPROM version of the original).
Using DLM, HBDL and PCbug to try set the config register to 0C had no effect
on the register. This is what the programs show for that part of the MCU's
memory.

.....................................___________________________
Download successful
Config is 0xFF

Board's config register is incorrect.
Initializing config register to 0x0C.
You will now need to place your board in download mode again.

upon reset the config is still 0xFF.

     +0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 +A +B +C +D +E +F
103F FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ...............

this one is using PCbug.

This is a factory fresh MCU, (I have a box of them this is why I would
really like to use them) any information on this problem and how to
correctly set the config register would really be of help.

Thanks,
Quinn Marshal