 Robotics / Handy Board / 3147
Re: 8 bits A/D bus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 23:07:09 GMT

Please read Appendix B of the 6.270 Robot Builders Guide.  This
explains how to interface latches with the Handy Board.

See

http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board/techdocs/

Fred

Hello,
I've bought a handy board, and try to build a card to enserve two motors.
On that card I have a IC chip (HP hctl 1100) that needs to be link to a 8 bit • s
Adress/data bus in both reading and writing modes. My problem is where to pic • k
such a bus on the board. So my two questions are:
- Is it possible to connect to D0..D7 bus (knowing I want to keep the screen
   working as it's made for) to pick up informations without affecting the
screen
   functions? In that case do I need something as a latch to differentiate th • e
way
   for the informations to go?
- Otherwise, how could I pick 8 I/O port on the board?

Please, help me: It makes me stay awaken all nights!!
Thanks in advance.
                              H.Tressel