 Robotics / Handy Board / 3142
Re: questions re: unix version of IC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 14:10:37 GMT

Joshua -

There should be no problems using the Gleason Research libraries (or
any of the libraries that are on the web site).  There are no differences
between version 2.851 and 2.860 from the point of view of the
libraries.

There is a pre-compiled version for Linux.  See

ftp://cher.media.mit.edu/pub/projects/interactive-c/unix/

Fred

In your message you said:
Hi -

I'm a handy-board/ic newbie, so please excuse this question if it's answers
seem obvious.  After two weeks of writing code in DOS/Windows (yuck), I
downloaded the ic-2.860beta source code, which compiled without significant
trouble in linux (redhat 5).  The version is, of course, a bit different from

that which came with the handy-board (from Gleason Rsch, was version 2.851).

My question is, can I just copy the library files that came from Gleason Rsch • .
into the lib directory on the unix ic installation (it seems that I can, I
just want to be sure)?  Are there any other issues I should be aware of
(w.r.t. the beta, or using ic from unix, end-of-line conventions on library
files, etc.).  I'm not particularly concerned with being able to download the

pcode in unix - I do have DOS easily available...

BTW, thanks to all that have contributed to this really neat project - this i • s
my first exposure to robotics, and it's been great fun so far.

- Joshua

--------
Joshua Heling              jrh@securepipe.com
SecurePipe Communications, Inc.