 Robotics / Handy Board / 3042
Re: IC problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 07:38:32 GMT

Jeremy, You have to give us more information about what you've tried.
Have you re-downloaded pcode_hb.s19 to your board?  Do you get the
boot beep and LCD message when you turn your board on?  Have you
changed your desktop computer configuration at all?

Fred

Alright, I have isolated the problem a little more since last time.  It
turns out that when I put my finger over a certain area of the solder
side of the board, I can run IC perfectly well.  The area is right
around pin 22, 21 and 20.  I believe that the capacitance provided by my
finger is smoothing out (or perhaps delaying slightly) the signal
generated by one of these pins.  Because of the inconvenient size of my
finger, I can't tell which of the three it is, but here's what my manual
says each of these pins is:

20: PD0:RxD
21: PD1:TxD
22: MISO

When I tried to connect each of these three pins via a small (1.0
microF) capacitor to the board's ground, the same effect was not
observed.  The board crashed the same as before.

By the way, in case you have doubts about the scientific nature of my
finger thing, i can assure you that my results were perfectly consistent
and that i tried each state many times.

Anyway, that's as far as i got.  Feedback is very much appreciated.

-jeremy