 Robotics / Handy Board / 300
  Smoothing capacitors on motors?

I am using a couple of 6V motors and I have read that it is a good idea to put a capacitor across the terminals of each motor. Although I see references to this practice all over, no one has indicated what ratings this capacitor should have. Does (...) (28 years ago, 15-Apr-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Smoothing capacitors on motors?

(...) 0.1 uF Use ceramic disk capacitors because they can withstand the high voltage of the spikes. -f (28 years ago, 15-Apr-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)