 Robotics / Handy Board / 295
294  |  296
Subject:
6V motors off of 9.6V (again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 23:03:31 GMT

Yes, once again, I'm exploring the idea of running some 6V motors
off of the handy board's 9.6V battery.  Basically, I'm worried that if I do
this, I'm going to burn out _another_ pair of motors.  (Though the last
couple were 3V, these are 6...)  How safe is this?  Can I expect the motors
to last very long?  I tried it out, just for a few seconds, and noticed
that, obviously, the motors run at a higher speed, but they also seem to
create a stronger ozone smell.  Does this mean I'm probably burning out the
brushes?